Rising to the Reading Challenges of Adult Learners: Practitioner’s Toolkit
Category:Adult Literacy, Learner Assessment
Added:Thursday, March 15, 2018
Web site: https://www.canlearnsociety.ca/literacy/practitioners-toolkit/
This resource was developed to expand the abilities of adult foundational learning practitioners to work effectively with adults with reading difficulties.
- Provides practitioners with information from the fields of learning disabilities and reading research.
- Builds awareness of the reading process. Where does reading break down for this learner? How can I help?
- Provides instructional strategies and resources that are effective for learners with LDs – and for all learners.
- Adds to understanding of strategies to support social-emotional challenges of adult learners.
- Builds an awareness of “red flags” for learning disabilities to help guide instruction and decisions about pursuing a psycho-educational assessment.
Developed by CanLearn Society, supported by Calgary Learns with funding support provided by Alberta Advanced Education.